Article image Situated along the Bridgwater and Taunton Canal is Firepool Lock, a landmark development of sophisticated newbuild homes by Crest Nicholson for the people of Taunton.  

This impressive collection of one and two bedroom apartments, two, three and four bedroom houses, and exclusive waterfront villas, is already proving popular with house-hunters.  

And, with the introduction of Help to Buy, these eagerly anticipated homes are now even more affordable as you could own 100 per cent of your dream home for just 80 per cent of the price and with just a five per cent deposit.  The remaining 20 per cent of the property price is funded by an equity loan from the Government that is interest free for the first five years.

One such home available with Help to Buy is the Fitzrovia, an impressive three storey, four bedroom house that any homebuyer would be proud of.  This modern and stylish house boasts large picture windows to the first and second floors and the kitchen has beautiful French doors that open onto the garden. The living room on the first floor is spacious and light, and the property’s main bedroom on the top floor comes with its own en-suite shower room and two floor-to-ceiling windows, providing added wow factor.

Laura Osborne, Senior Sales Manager for Crest Nicholson, said: “Firepool Lock is situated in a fantastic location with easy access to Taunton town centre and excellent transport links, and yet has a real ‘countryside’ feel thanks to its views over the canal.  

“We’ve got a fantastic array of different styles of home to suit all tastes and budgets, and the introduction of Help to Buy means we now have even more ways to make moving home affordable to both first-time and second-time buyers.  I’d highly recommend any potential purchasers looking to move in the area visit our new Fitzrovia show home and speak to our sales team about how we can make owning your dream home easier and more affordable.”

Help to Buy prices at Firepool Lock currently start at £114,400 for a two bedroom Vincent apartment, £196,000 for a four bedroom Fitzrovia house, £235,960 for a three bedroom Chiswick waterside villa and £279,960 for a four bedroom Claridge waterside villa.

For more information, please visit the on-site Sales and Marketing suite (open daily, 10am-5pm), call 0845 894 3373, email or visit