Our Customer Charter sets out the level of service that you can expect from us, however we accept that sometimes things may go wrong. We take complaints very seriously and have the following process in place so that we can respond to your complaint and learn from it.
- Most complaints can be dealt with by contacting our dedicated Customer Service team at the divisional office
- Where this is not the case and you’re not satisfied that the matter has been resolved, then we would request that you escalate your complaint to our Head of Customer Service within the divisional office
- Lastly, if you remain unsatisfied that the matter has been resolved acceptably we would request that you refer this to the divisional office Managing Director for further review
How to make your complaint
You may make your complaint in any of the following ways:
Contact details for our divisional offices and Customer Service departments can be found in this guide and on our website: www.crestnicholson.com/contact
How we deal with your complaint
We will acknowledge your complaint within three working days and we'll endeavour to fully respond to you within 15 working days.
Once your complaint is acknowledged, we will do our best to:
- Fully investigate the complaint which may require obtaining further information from you.
- Keep you advised of progress.
- Do everything we can to resolve the complaint.
We will in any event issue our final response to your complaint within eight weeks of the date on which we first received your complaint. If it is not possible to provide you with a final response within the eight week period we will write to advise you of the reason for this.
What to do if you are not satisfied
If you are a home owner and not satisfied with our final response to your complaint, or if we have not provided a final response within eight weeks from the date of your complaint, then you may refer the matter to your home warranty body, which in most cases will be NHBC, or where appropriate, you may refer it to the Consumer Code Independent Dispute Resolution Scheme. www.consumercode.co.uk. Your legal rights are not affected by this process.
In some cases we may have helped you purchase your home with the provision of a loan directly from us; for example using Homebuy Direct or Easybuy. If your complaint relates to any aspect concerning the provision of this loan then you may refer your case to the Financial Ombudsman Service:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
0800 023 4567
You must approach the Financial Ombudsman Service within six months of either the date of our final response or the expiry of the eight week period for making our final response. We will remind you of this right when we make our final response or give reasons why we have not been able to give a final response within the eight week period.Download complaints procedure