These Terms and Conditions (Terms) are intended to help ensure that we are able to engage with our customers and other users of our social media channels in a respectful and law abiding environment.
Please read these Terms carefully as your use of the social media channels referred to below and accessible by clicking on the links on our website, indicates that you accept these terms. If you disagree with any of these terms you should not access our Social Media Channels.
We may amend these Terms at any time. You should frequently check this webpage to review the current Terms because they are binding on you.
External social networks
- Whilst Crest Nicholson has official profiles on a number of social networks, this does not mean that we endorse such social networks or are in any way responsible for their content or availability.
Protecting your privacy
- Be aware about protecting yourself, your privacy and the privacy of others. What you publish is widely (bar LinkedIn) accessible and will be around for a long time, so consider the content carefully prior to posting.
- We want you to be safe when using the internet and mobile applications, so please don't include any private or personal details when publically posting on our Social Media Channels. We may, however, specifically request you to do so in a private message, when we would only ever ask for your contact. We will never direct you to a web or app page that asks for this information.
- Please be aware that:
- our social media pages are (mostly) public and any contribution you make will be available for anyone to see; and
- messages sent over the Internet or via mobile applications may not be completely secure as they are subject to possible interception or loss or possible alteration. This is not within our control and so we are not responsible for them and will not be liable to you or anyone else for any damages or otherwise in connection with any message sent by you to us or any message sent by us to you over the Internet or through a mobile application.
Your use of our Social Media Channels
- Our Social Media Channels are directed at persons over the age of 16 years. You should not access our Social Media Channels, under any circumstance, if you are below this age.
- You may not misuse our Social Media Channels (including, without limitation, by hacking, or in any way not permitted by these Terms).
- Our Social Media Channels have been created to allow you to communicate with us and about us. You may share and comment on content that we post to our Social Media Channels, provided that you do not amend it and that you cite us as the source. Unless otherwise stated, all trademarks, company names, logos and designs used on our Social Media Channels are the intellectual property of Crest Nicholson. You must not copy these or misuse them in any way.
- We will assume that any material you transmit or post to our Social Media Channels is not confidential. We will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute such material for any and all commercial and non-commercial purposes, including the publication of such content on our own website and on third party websites.
- By submitting materials to our Social Media Channels, you agree to be solely responsible for the content of all information you contribute, link to, or otherwise upload. You agree that everything that you post shall be truthful, accurate, not misleading and offered in good faith and that you have the right to post such content/material.
- When posting content please be polite, respectful, relevant, accurate where stating facts and civil to others, even if your views differ. Your content must be your original work and comply with the law of England and Wales and any country from which it is posted.
- You agree not to post or transmit any material:
- that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licenses and/or approvals; or
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
- Where we moderate content before it is posted to our Social Media Channels, we may, at our discretion, refrain from publishing certain material transmitted or posted by you. Similarly, where we moderate content after it is posted to our Social Media Channels, we may choose to remove material transmitted or posted by you.
- If we consider the material transmitted by you to be inappropriate for any reason, we may choose to refrain from posting this or delete this from the relevant Social Media Channel(s) (although we shall not be required to do so). We shall be under no obligation to notify you of such decision. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to all or any of our Social Media Channels in the event that you fail to comply with these Terms. Social Media Channels may potentially be abused by third parties and therefore we cannot promise that no unsuitable third party content will appear on the Social Media Channels. If we encounter promotional third party content that is not deemed relevant or appropriate, Crest Nicholson reserves the right to remove without warning and block the user from future engagement.
- You agree to compensate us for all damages, losses and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable legal fees and costs) related to all third party claims, charges, and investigations, caused by (1) your failure to comply with these Terms, including, without limitation, your submission of content that violates third party rights or applicable laws, and (2) any content you submit to our Social Media Channels.
- Unless otherwise specified, the information on our Social Media Channels is not directed at anyone other than UK residents and applications from others for our products and services may not be accepted. The information contained on our Social Media Channels may not satisfy the laws of any other country, but complies with the relevant platforms Terms.
- The language of the Social Media Channels is English and contributions should be made in English. We are unable to respond to content in other languages. This may mean in some instances that we need to remove content if we cannot be certain of its content.
Links to third party websites or pages
- Links to third party websites or pages on our Social Media Channels are provided solely for your convenience or as part of the nature of how the Social Media Channels operate. We have not reviewed these and do not control and are not responsible for such websites or their content or availability. We do not endorse or make any promises about them, or any material on these websites or pages nor any results that may be obtained from using them. Any access of third party content you choose to make is entirely at your own risk.
- Links to downloadable software sites are for convenience only and we are not responsible or liable for any difficulties or consequences associated with downloading the software. Use of any downloaded software is governed by the terms of the licence agreement, if any, which accompanies or is provided with the software.
- From time to time, we may at our discretion change, suspend or permanently withdraw all or part of our Social Media Channels without prior notice in which case, of course, you are free to stop using them at any time. For example, we may do so if we are experiencing technical issues relating to our Social Media Channels.
Disclaimers and Liability
- Our Social Media Channels may contain complex information. We have tried to make it as clear, easy to use and as accurate as possible. However we do not warrant that any content posted by us is accurate, complete, or up to date. We will have no liability to you if it is not. Feel free to contact us via the appropriate channel if you require further clarity.
- We aim for open, respectful communication on the relevant topics within our Social Media Channels. While, where possible, we do conduct some moderation, we do not control and are not liable for content posted by third parties. Any use or reliance on such content or materials posted is at your own risk. We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any content posted by third parties. You understand that by using our Social Media Channels, you may be exposed to content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise misleading. We will not be liable in any way for such content.
- Please keep in mind that other users of our Social Media Channels who provide content may claim expertise or standing that they do not, in fact, possess. You should give careful thought before following any advice posted by other users who are not verifiable as representing us.
- No endorsement or approval of any third parties or their advice, opinions, information, content, products or services is expressed or implied by the display of information or advertisements by external social networks alongside our pages and we have no control over the content of such third party advertisements.
- We are not responsible for: (i) losses not caused by our breach; (ii) failure to perform or provide any services where such failure is due to events beyond our control; (iii) indirect losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of entering into these Terms, for example loss of profits or loss of opportunity; (iv) loss or damage in connection with any third party website, applications or software linked from the Social Media Channels; (v) loss or damage due to viruses or other harmful code which may infect your device.
- Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by negligence; or
- fraud; or
- misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or
- any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- If you breach these Terms and we take no action against you, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these Terms.
- If any part of these Terms is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales or by Scottish law if you are resident there. Disputes arising in connection with these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the relevant UK courts.
These terms and conditions were last updated on 1st February 2013.