This week Crest Nicholson has released its Annual Integrated Report for FY2016, demonstrating a 24% increase in sales revenue from FY2015 to FY2016, achieving a landmark £1bn sales target*.
The report, Crest Nicholson’s third integrated report, summarises the business’ wider value proposition. It describes Crest Nicholson’s financial and non-financial performance and the ways in which it interacts with people and the environment to generate value and control risks.
Delivering value to shareholders:
- Sales target of £1bn reached
- Statutory revenues of £997.0m, plus £3.3m through joint ventures (2015: £804.8m and £2.4m) - up 24%
- Volumes up 5% at 2,870 homes (2015: 2,725)
- Pre-tax profit up 27% to £195.0m (2015: £154.0m)
- Operating profit margin up to 20.4% (2015: 20.3%)
Meeting Housing Needs:
- Delivering 2,870 new homes (2015: 2,725) – up 5%
- Driving forward our well established vision for Garden Villages including Longcros, Surrey which was named as one of the first 14 sites in the UK to officially be supported by the Government as a Garden Village.
- Investing £144.7m into social housing and infrastructure. Creating sustainable communities and lifestyles through measures such as providing a local bus service within 500m to 90% of our new homes and providing 44% of our homes with renewable or low-carbon energy.
Investing in Skills:
- Investing more than £1m per annum in our apprentice programme (including salaries). 82.5% of apprentices successfully completed their apprenticeships (compared to 80.7% in 2015).
- Being listed in the top 100 graduate employers (smaller intake) by The Job Crowd and recruiting 11 new graduates during the year.
Leading in Sustainability:
- Securing second place in the NextGeneration sustainability benchmark (beating off competition from 25 top UK housebuilders) and retaining our ranking in the FTSE4Good Index.
- Reducing the carbon footprint of our site operations by 13% (per 1000 sqft built)
- Supporting local wildlife by providing either ecological protection or enhancement measures on 75% of our developments
The full report is available to download here
We have also created a short video to support the report, which is available to view here.