Crest Nicholson has announced it will be investing over £11 million in Daventry. The comprehensive ‘community benefits package’ outlines clear plans by the leading developer for the delivery of a range of services and amenities aimed at benefitting the local community.
The plan is designed for residents of Crest Nicholson’s development at Monksmoor Park, as well as those from the wider Daventry area. The scope of the initiative covers the provision of a new public open space, transportation improvements for the area and an affordable housing allocation. Highlights from the plan include:
- £4 million provision for the construction of a new primary school
- Provision of a c.20 hectare country park between Daventry Country Park and Grand Union Central
- Delivery of a new bus service between the new development and Daventry Town Centre
- Allocation of £50,000 towards health facilities
- A £2.3 million contribution towards the construction of a bypass
- Creation of a Community Interest Company for the long term stewardship of the development by residents and £575,000 contribution towards the construction of a new community building
David Hnyda, Sales & Marketing Director at Crest Nicholson, said:
“Placemaking and strengthening communities are important factors for us when we begin planning on all our developments, and we are pleased to announce the comprehensive community benefits package for Daventry.
“We plan to build a modern, fit-for-purpose community to service the future residents of Monksmoor Park and the wider Daventry community and the plans unveiled demonstrate how we will ensure these key services and amenities are factored into a feasible timeline for delivery.
“We are looking forward to working with the local Daventry community to deliver this plan over the coming years.”
Monksmoor Park is built to the style of a modern 21st century garden village, set in an abundance of open space close to the Grand Union Canal. The new community is designed to be within easy reach of open countryside, as well as the amenities of Daventry town centre.
The latest phases are Fallowfields, a traditional collection of family homes, and Waterside, offering executive, contemporary designed properties. Both phases offer beautiful two, three and four bedrooms properties, with five bedroom family homes with gardens also on offer at Waterside.
Show homes at both developments are available to view, Fallowfields is open daily 10am to 5pm and Waterside is open Thursday to Monday 10am to 5pm. Prices at Fallowfields currently start at £220,950 for a three bedroom home
For more information or to register your interest call 01327 220079 or visit www.crestnicholson.com/monksmoorpark.