Despite media uncertainty surrounding the property market, 2013 is a great time to step onto the property ladder; with house prices still remaining low and an abundance of properties to choose from – it really is a buyers’ market.
However, without the right advice, searching for a new home can quickly become a frustrating experience which can lead to buyers spending above the odds and making pressured decisions.
Crest Nicholson is offering house-hunters a helping hand by providing its five top tips for securing that dream home and making the experience a little more pleasant and a lot more cost effective.
1. Carry out rigorous investigation and analysis into the valuation of your property. Get a second opinion. It’s not just about your new house; it’s also about getting the right price for your current home, so you shouldn’t set an asking price until you have a realistic idea of what it’s worth. Although estate agents can provide valuable insights into what house price may or may not be achievable, it is also worth getting an independent property valuation as they can often provide a more objective opinion.
2. Choose your location carefully. Make sure you consider the following questions: Is the house in the area you wish to live? How far is the property from where you work? Is there sufficient car parking available? What council tax band is the property in? Are there local amenities nearby or will you have to travel?
3. If you are interested, view the house multiple times. It is always recommended to visit prospective houses at several different times of the day. While it’s ideal to see the house in the daylight it’s also worth checking it out at night as an area can change dramatically at different times of the day and week. Take into account noise levels, the amount of light the house and garden enjoys, availability of parking and general traffic.
4. Check if you are eligible for the ‘NewBuy’* scheme. Introduced following the end of the Governments stamp duty holiday, NewBuy isn’t just aimed at first-time buyers but also extends to existing homeowners who are unable to find the high levels of deposit required by many mortgage lenders. With the scheme, purchasers need only find a 5% deposit to secure their dream home. Other payment solutions are also available from house-builders, including the Government’s FirstBuy Scheme which provides funding support for buyers looking to get on the property ladder for the first time, so it’s worth exploring all your options.
5. Consider part exchange schemes. Part exchange schemes help people move up the property ladder by removing the pressure of having to find a buyer for their existing house. Crest Nicholson’s Part Exchange Scheme enables Crest to acts as an immediate cash buyer for the customer’s home, with independent valuations ensuring they receive fair market value. This can give homebuyers extra peace of mind by removing complicated chain delays and breakdowns, often significantly reducing the time it takes to move.
Amanda Benjamin, Senior Sales Manager for Crest Nicholson, said: “There’s a lot of advice available out there for house-hunters, but by keeping these simple tips in mind, people will be ideally placed to move onto and up the property ladder. We appreciate how stressful finding and securing your ideal home can be, so we want to help people in the Worcestershire area as much as possible.”
St James Mead in Badsey is Crest Nicholson’s newest rural community development in the Midlands. Nestled in the Cotswold countryside, it comprises 28 three, four and five bedroom homes, which have been designed to blend seamlessly with the existing architecture of the village. The development is perfectly located within easy walking distance of Badsey village centre where you will ?nd a butchers, post office, general store, church and primary school.
Prices at St James Mead currently start from £289,950 for a four bedroom Meadvale house with garage or £389,950 for a four bedroom Copthorne with a double garage.
For more information about St James Mead, and the properties available, please visit the on-site Sales and Marketing Suite (open daily, 10am to 5pm), call 0845 894 3246, email email@example.com or visit www.crestnicholson.com/stjamesmead.