With record-low interest rates, and the changes to Stamp Duty charges alongside a variety of schemes making homes more affordable, now is the perfect time for house-hunters to look into purchasing a new home.
Buying your first home or indeed second home can be a daunting process and many house-hunters find all the information and questions quite overwhelming. That is why, to help out prospective home-buyers, Crest Nicholson and The New Homes Group have put together these helpful tips for making securing your dream home in Wells easier and more cost effective.
1. Have your paperwork ready before you start looking. To avoid any delays in the buying process, make sure you have all the relevant paperwork at hand. These can include: photo ID, bank or Building Society statements, utility bills, credit card statements and proof of income, pension and deposit funds.
2. Use a mortgage broker. When you speak to a lender, they will only discuss their own products and deals. By using a broker, you can get specialist advice on the many lending options available to you, as well as help to create a realistic budget planner.
3. Check that you have enough funds to cover deposit and fees. Aside from having a deposit, it’s important to make sure you have enough funds available to cover the fees that come with mortgage applications and legals. It’s worth speaking to a mortgage broker to obtain an Agreement in Principle so you have an idea of your borrowing potential – it’s better than being disappointed later if you can’t borrow enough or could have borrowed more.
4. Check if you are eligible for the ‘Help to Buy’ scheme. Help to Buy is the Government-backed scheme which enables people to buy a new home at 80% of the purchase price with just a 5% deposit. The remaining value of the house is covered by a loan which is interest-free for the first five years. Crest Nicholson has helped many home-buyers in Wells and will be able to talk you through the application process from start to finish.
5. Can you take advantage of SmoothMove? For those selling an existing property, Crest Nicholson’s SmoothMove scheme might prove invaluable. The scheme sees Crest Nicholson arrange everything from valuations to viewings, and the housebuilder will even cover your estate agency fee!
Laura Osborne, Senior Sales Manager at Crest Nicholson, said: “There’s a lot of advice available out there for house hunters, but by keeping these simple tips in mind, people will be ideally placed to move onto and up the property ladder. SmoothMove has been used by a number of our residents here at Bishops Brook, and has proven a highly time, cost and stress-reducing tool for those who make use of it.
“Bishops Brook has a wide range of quality properties on offer that are ideal for first time buyers, professional couples, young families, investors and those downsizing from a larger home. We would encourage homebuyers to visit the site and our beautiful show home to see for themselves what this great development has to offer.”
Using Help to Buy, prices at Bishops Brook currently start from £152,000 for a two bedroom terraced house with parking and £372,000 for a four bedroom detached house.
For more information about Bishop’s Book and the homes available, visit the on-site sales and marketing suite (open Thursday-Monday, 10am-5pm), or contact Crest Nicholson on 01749 672 717, email email@example.com, visit www.crestnicholson.com/bishopsbrook or find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CrestNicholsonSWWales.Back