Whether you’re taking your first step onto the property ladder, upsizing or downsizing, the thought of designing a home can be daunting. New-builds offer a blank canvas for homeowners, allowing purchasers to introduce their own personal style into a home.
Crest Nicholson’s leading interiors expert, Rachel Clark at Alexander James Interior Design, dressed the ‘Whimberry’ four-bedroom home at the popular Longhurst Park development in Cranleigh. She has shared her top tips on how to maximise space, contrast colours and create the perfect home.
- Give each room a different personality: Use a variety of colours and themes in each room to create a unique feel. The bedroom acts as your sanctuary, so choose colours and furnishings that are warm, safe and familiar.
- Create a calm oasis with neutral tones: To complement a stunning countryside location, select light, natural tones and organic materials to create a tranquil haven. Coming home to a room decorated with neutral tones is a great way to unwind post commute.
- Inject colour with soft furnishings: Classic, neutral furnishings create a perfect canvas to make regular changes to interiors. Switch things up and spruce up décor by introducing textured throws and coloured pillows and blankets. This is ideal for those who enjoy changing their décor throughout the year, for example switching from yellow during the summertime to navy blue throughout the winter.
- Contrast classic with modern: Add industrial elements alongside softer, natural furnishings to maintain a contemporary feel throughout the home. You can also pair natural wood with modern, industrial style pieces to create a rustic feel which complements and uplifts a range of décor.
- Add a youthful splash to your home: Hang vibrant artwork throughout the house. Playful prints and colourful tapestry are great additions to children’s rooms to create a fun, one-of-a-kind haven for your little ones.
Crest Nicholson’s Longhurst Park development offers a range of two, three, four and five-bedroom homes. Prices for a two-bedroom home start from £399,950, arrange a viewing today to avoid missing out. Call one of our Sales Advisors on 01483 611001 or visit www.crestnicholson.com/longhurst-park/ to find out more information.