The sun has finally arrived the UK, and local housebuilder Crest Nicholson is encouraging UK homeowners to make the most of their garden space over the spring and summer. New homes offer a great opportunity to start from scratch when it comes to garden space, and Crest Nicholson developments offer generously sized brand new gardens that help you to avoid any historical issues from previous residents.
Their Lancaster Park development in West Malling has only six homes left, offering its residents substantial garden areas. The development is nestled between the garden village of Kings Hill and the historic town of West Malling, offering homeowners access to the beautiful Kent Countryside.
To help new homeowners create the perfect low-maintenance gardens, Crest Nicholson has teamed up with landscaping expert, Chris Barrett, Director at Down to Earth Landscapes, who creates landscaping across a number of Crest Nicholson developments in the region. Chris has offered his top tips to ensure your garden is in perfect condition as summer begins.
- Create the summer evening atmosphere: Enjoy your garden for longer over the summer evenings by adding some solar lights, which are also environmentally friendly and better for your energy bills. Additionally, outdoor candles create a relaxing atmosphere, and using citronella candles in particular is a brilliant non-toxic method of repelling insects.
- A new lick of paint: Treat your fences and gates to a fresh coat of paint to create a new look for your garden this summer, using acrylic latex paint for best wearing outdoors. You can create the perfect look to match your home this summer – choosing bright colours, neutral tones, or anything else in between.
- Finding the perfect furniture: It’s always helpful to imagine how you might use your outdoor space, and think of it as another room in your living space. If you think you’ll be entertaining and eating meals outside, creating a meal zone by adding a bistro or outdoor dining set and BBQ is the perfect choice. If catching the sun is your priority, then consider sun lounger, a rocking chair, or perhaps an egg chair. If you don’t have storage for garden furniture, opt for metal or sealed wood furniture, as these will keep in good condition outside year-round.
- Prepare your fresh lawn: Make sure to re-seed any patches within your lawn that may have suffered, and make sure you cut the lawn before the new growth gets going.
- Banish those weeds: Check your planting beds and banish any weeds that have crept in over the colder months. Also, be sure to top up any mulch.
The remaining homes at Lancaster Park are set within an abundance of natural surroundings, with the area around the development offering wildlife trails, orchards and bluebell woods, allotments, a network of footpaths, and a country park. Nearby, Kings Hill offers all the benefits of a modern village with its cricket green, neighbourhood pub, schools, coffee shops, supermarkets, and extensive local services including a medical centre, pharmacy, dentist, and veterinary clinic.
A short drive in the car can also take you to St Leonard’s Tower or Leybourne Lakes Country Park, which offers biking, fishing, and water sports – allowing you to have the perfect day outdoors within the beautiful surroundings of Kent.
Looking away from the countryside, West Malling town centre boasts plenty of restaurants, pubs, cafes, and a range of independent shops, as well as a monthly Farmers’ Market, and is just a mile away from the development. Also within close distance are local primary and secondary schools, such as Valley Invicta Primary School, More Park Catholic Primary School, and Aylesford School, all rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted.
Lancaster Park is also a well-connected development, where West Malling train station is a two-minute drive away and provides direct links to Ashford International in 40 minutes, and to London Victoria in under an hour. In addition, the M20 is nearby, providing links to Dover, London, and the M25 network, with Maidstone also nine miles away.
A brand new four-bedroom home at Lancaster Park starts from £585,000, and five-bedroom homes start from £800,000. Select plots are available on the Deposit Unlock or Part Exchange schemes. For more information visit the Sales and Marketing suite which is open Thursday to Monday from 10am to 5pm, alternatively call 01732 608 542. For more information, please visit www.crestnicholson.com/lancasterparkBack