The winter nights are drawing in and with the Christmas season upon us, Crest Nicholson’s expert designers, Andrew Henry Interiors, share their top tips for spreading the festive cheer and impressing guests with Christmas-themed décor in your new home.
- There is no better inspiration than the great outdoors, so on a crisp day in the run up to the festive period, take a walk and collect lots of long, architectural twigs. These can make a great winter decoration in an elegant vase, especially when adorned with a few simple ornaments.
- Breathe life into a neutral interior palette by considering a sensory approach to decorating. Add in wood, textiles and tactile paint finishes, completing the experience with a subtle room scent, encouraging a greater connection with the surrounding space.
- With long, dark evenings, mood lighting is key when it comes to adding atmosphere. Ensure you have plenty of lamps and cluster candles around the house to add to the cosy setting.
- At Christmas the dining table is a focal point, bring the outdoors in and create a beautiful centrepiece with plenty of foliage.
- Bring warmth to your living room by adding rich, earthy wood tones, natural soft wools and a mixture of sheepskins. Textured knits are perfect for throwing over the sofa and snuggling down on a cold December evening.
- For a jolly holiday go bright and bold this Christmas. Have fun exploring and exploiting a host of happy hues to cheer up even the darkest of winter days.
Andrew Henry Interiors has designed the beautiful show home at Crest Nicholson’s Vicarage Fields development in Somerset, offering traditional three and four bedroom homes. Prices start from £315,000. For more information please call 01749 600864 or visit www.crestnicholson.com/developments/vicarage-fields.