Hitchin-based Matthew Phillips, an Apprentice Carpenter at Crest Nicholson’s Artworks development, has won Gold in the Apprentice of The Year category at the company’s Customer Experience Awards 2017.
The annual Awards, now in their 25th year, celebrate employees who deliver outstanding customer care in their roles as Sales Advisors, Site Mangers, Customer Service teams and, for the second year running, Apprentices.
The ‘Apprentice of the Year’ award is presented to the apprentice who has best developed strong craft and technical skills whilst honing his or her professional development. The award recognises apprentices who have demonstrated commitment to their personal development; made an outstanding contribution to their workplace, and delivered high achievement and attainment in learning and work.
In total, 24 employees from across the UK won awards at the event in recognition of their talent and hard work over the last twelve months. The awards ceremony was held on Wednesday 7th June at Great Fosters in Egham.
The Customer Experience Awards is a key date in the residential developer’s calendar, demonstrating the high importance placed upon quality customer service across the group. All Crest Nicholson employees receive comprehensive training in customer service and the business provides ongoing support to all colleagues to develop these vital skills. Both customer service and customer satisfaction are measured and evaluated in Crest Nicholson’s Annual Integrated Report.
Crest Nicholson is committed to employing 10% of its workforce as apprentices in roles such as an apprentice carpenter, apprentice buyer or higher apprentice (trainee site manager.) Currently there are 56 apprentices across the Crest Nicholson Group.
Matthew Phillips, who works at the Artworks development in Hitchin, commented: “I am really proud to have won this award, it’s wonderful to be recognised for my work with customers. The whole team at Artworks is committed to providing great customer service to everyone who comes through our door, and making the buying experience seamless for all of our future residents.”
Stephen Stone, Chief Executive at Crest Nicholson, said: “We host our Customer Experience awards each year to recognise our employees’ ongoing commitment to delivering first class customer service. The event is an opportunity to celebrate the achievements, hard work and talent within our business. I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank and congratulate all our winners for their exceptional contributions to the company over the past year, setting an excellent example to their peers and the wider business.
“For the second year running, we have extended the Customer Experience Awards to our apprentices, highlighting our commitment to the development of young talent within Crest Nicholson and the importance of ensuring great customer service across the entire group.”
The full list of winners is as follows:
Sales Advisor of the Year:
• Gold: Kerri Grice, Waterside, Monksmoor Park, Daventry [Chiltern]
• Silver: Louise Goldsmith, Green Oaks, Finberry [Eastern]
• Bronze: Sophie Thornton, Paintworks, Bristol [South West]
• Bronze: Poppy Williams, Tileman House, Putney [London]
• Finalist: Jan Simpson, Centenary Quay, Southampton [Regeneration]
• Finalist: Sally Rooney, Portland Gardens, Marlow [South]
Site Manager of the Year:
• GOLD: Jamie Hurren, Bath Riverside, Bath [Regeneration]
• SILVER: Chris Cox, Monksmoor Park, Daventry [Chiltern]
• BRONZE: Dominic Hampton, Paintworks, Bristol [South West]
• FINALIST: Shaun Fisher, Finberry, Ashford [Eastern]
• FINALIST: Ray Chaffey, Kilnwood Vale, Faygate [South]
• FINALIST: Dean McShea, Wells Park, Peckham [London]
Customer Service of the Year:
• GOLD: Stuart Merry, Customer Service Technician [South West]
• SILVER: Kim Barrett, Customer Service Co-ordinator [Chiltern]
• BRONZE: Katey Callaghan, Customer Service Co-ordinator [Eastern]
• FINALIST: Lucy Masters, Customer Service Co-ordinator [London]
• FINALIST: Annette Harber, Assistant Customer Service Manager [Regeneration]
• FINALIST: Nicola Regan, Customer Service Co-ordinator [South]
Apprentice of the Year:
• GOLD: Matthew Phillips, Artworks, Hitchin [Chiltern]
• SILVER: Myles Tucker, Charfield Village, Gloucestershire [South West]
• BRONZE: Tom Ryland, Centenary Quay, Woolston [Regeneration]
• FINALIST: Danny Beeden, Bolnore Village, Haywards Heath [South]
• FINALIST: Louie Bamonte, Lightermans Place, Maldon [Eastern]
• FINALIST: Luca Laorenza, Brandon House, SE1 [London]
The 2017 Divisional Customer Experience of the Year Winner is Crest Nicholson Chiltern.